If you want to learn how to take full advantage of xAPI and Articulate Storyline, then you’re in the right place. This resource serves as the hub for all of my xAPI and Storyline tutorials.
Essentially, this resource can serve as your personal learning path towards competency. No prior coding knowledge is required, and you do not need to be a Storyline expert. (However, Storyline expertise will help…especially with the later tutorials).
Most importantly, you will have the power to collect rich data about how your learners are experiencing your eLearning courses and performing on your assessments.
Let’s get started!
These first three tutorials will give you a solid foundation in using xAPI with Storyline. By the end of this series, you will have sent your first custom xAPI statement from a Storyline course.
- Part 1: Write an xAPI Statement from Scratch
- Part 2: Collect a User’s Name and Email from a Storyline Course
- Part 3: Send an xAPI Statement from a Storyline Course
These intermediate xAPI tutorials should only be attempted once you’ve completed the Getting Started series. You can take these tutorials in any order to suit the needs of your project(s), although I recommend saving the last tutorial for last.
- Collect Activity Info with xAPI and Storyline
- Collect Text Responses with xAPI and Storyline
- Collect Quiz Score Info with xAPI and Storyline
- Measure Duration with xAPI and Storyline
- Managing Your Project: xAPI and Storyline
The advanced tutorials teach you how to start querying your LRS and making use of your data. While it is not required that you complete the intermediate tutorials before attempting the advanced ones, it is highly recommended.
If you’re experiencing any technical difficulties, feel free to check out the common xAPI and Storyline troubleshooting steps.
You can also contact me if you’d like to hire me to help with your xAPI implementation project.